How to Install CWM Recovery in Sony Xperia M2
Today we’re talking about tips on how to install CWM recovery in Sony Xperia M2. The Clockwork-mod is an important part of the rooting process for Sony Xperia M2, and you should install them before flashing your phone.
As always, here’s our disclaimer and warning: Perform these tricks at your own risk. We takes no responsibility in case you damage your device. Meddling with the core functions of your phone may also void your warranty.
Tips to Install CWM Recovery on Sony Xperia M2
Now that you’ve been warned, let’s go and install CWM recovery on Sony Xperia M2:
- Back up all important data on your Sony Xperia M2
- Download the kernel image to your computer (see the link at the bottom of the post)
- Extract the Fast-boot folder named Android.rar, and copy the kernel image file. Rename the kernel image file to boot
- Hold the SHIFT key, and then press Right click on the blank area, and select “Open command window here” option.
- Go to your phone. Reboot the Xperia M2 to recovery mode by press the Power button and turn off the device, and then turn it on again. When you see the Sony boot logo, press and hold the Volume Down key.
- Connect the Sony Xperia M2 to your PC using a USB cable
- After that, go back to the command window, and type the following instruction:
fastboot flash boot booot.img
- When flashed, go ahead and type fastboot reboot in the command window to reboot Xperia M2
- Now you have successfully install the CWM recovery on your Sony Xperia M2.
After this, you can continue to root your Xperia M2. However, we are going to discuss about it later on. Don’t forget to share some comments under and tell us your experience after trying this tips on how to install CWM recovery in Sony Xperia M2
http://doomlord.xperia-files.com/download.php?dlid=TTJfRG9vTUxvUkRfQWR2U3RrS2VybmVsX0ZXLTMwX3YwMQ== (Kernel File)
http://d-h.st/zyi (Fastboot drivers)
How to Install CWM Recovery in Sony Xperia M2You'll find with these:
- how do i get my sony xperia m2 into stock recovery mode