Apple’s iOS 9 update has now been released and is available to download. Additionally iOS 9 is full of enhancements that you’ll appreciate every day. The in-built apps have become more essential. Battery life has improved and Siri can search a wider range of topics for a wider range of answers and even Apple Maps gets a bit more useful. A new low power mode will save battery from early drainage.
Added features that enable you to upgrade to iOS 9:
• With the Notes app, add bullets with a tap to create checklists, add an existing photo or video to a note and add multiple apps to the Note app.
• Suggested apps are triggered by your priority and what you’re most likely to use.
• Improved security by setting six-digit passcode and two-factor authentication by default.
• Stream new updates to your device without downloading them first.
• All devices that can run iOS 8 can move to iOS 9.
• Addition of split screen application support that lets users run and display two services at once.
• Proactive Assistant feature suggests apps to launch or people to contact based on past user behavior.
• Wallet app will let users store payment cards and boarding passes.
• The News app will push articles based on users’ Apple account using layouts designed by publishers and the data stored on the device.
Now let us have a glance over the upgrade steps to get iOS 9:
- CHECK THE COMPATIBILITY OF YOUR DEVICE:
The iOS 9 update should work on any device that can run iOS 8. This means it goes as far back as the iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, 5S and 5C, and the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
In case of iPad, anything from iPad 2 and up and all iPad Mini models can upgrade, while fifth- and sixth-generation iPod Touch devices can also be upgraded.
Make sure your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is fully backed up to iCloud or your computer via iTunes before performing the update. Make a full backup to iTunes and click the ‘encrypt backup’ box and your passwords and apps will all be backed up.
- FREE-UP THE SPACE:
Update your apps as some out-of-date apps won’t work in iOS 9 and secondly check for an enough free storage space as the update requires at least 1.3GB of storage for temporarily storing the download during the update. The available can be checked by tapping Settings > General > Usage.
You should transfer photos and videos to your PC or the cloud using Dropbox, Google Photos or another similar service, then delete those you don’t need on your device.
- UPDATE iOS 9 OVER THE AIR
You will see a pop-up notification on your screen telling you that a software update is available. If you want your iPhone or iPad to check if the update is available, tap Settings> General> Software Update. Your phone or tablet will check if iOS 9 is available. When prompted, tap Download to download the iOS 9 update. Once this is finished, tap Install to upgrade iOS and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Using iTunes
Connect your device to a computer running iTunes if for some reason you don’t want to update to iOS 9 over the air. Update iTunes to the latest version before connecting your device and it will display a message saying a software update is available. The iTunes install is usually a smaller file size too.
P.S: Make sure you don’t disconnect your device before the upgrade process is finished.
Many users have been facing data loss issues, which is a major issue like losing documents, messages and attachments, contacts, notes after the iOS 9 upgrade, and some can be stated as given below:
• Update failing to install
• Device booting into recovery mode
• Sticking on Apple Logo
• Cellular Data Doesn’t Work
• Trouble connecting iPhone to the in-car Bluetooth systems
• Wi-Fi Issues
• Stuck in Recovery Mode/iTunes Logo
• Freezing During iOS 9 Update/iPhone Stuck on Verifying Update
The above are a little minor issues but losing data is a big problem. But as they say, ’prevention is better than cure’, the safest way to keep your iPhone data safe during iOS 9 update is to make a full backup of your iPhone or iPad. In some cases even due to some reasons, the backup might fail in between and the user will be spooked.
As every problem has a quick fix, it is easy to recover your lost data on iphone using a third party tool like Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery for iPhone. This software ensures recovery of photos, contacts, messages, attachments, call history, calendar, notes, voice memo, safari bookmarks, WhatsApp attachments and apps Library from your iOS device, in an efficient manner.
Now, let us look over to the steps for iPhone data recovery using this software:
- To start the recovery process, plug in your iOS device.
- Click on Recover iOS Device option to scan your iOS device. This will search for lost contacts, messages, reminders, calenders, notes etc from your iOS device
- Application will start analyzing the device you have connected.
- After analysis, the application will list the device and will begin scanning for contents of the device.
- You can now preview and save the following supported files types:- contacts, messages, attachments, call history, calendar, notes, voice memo, safari bookmarks, WhatsApp messages and Attachments.
- From the left hand side tree view, click the supported file type under the listed iOS device. This will list all items under the selected supporting type head. P.S: All deleted items are listed in red whereas all others are blue in color.
- Either select all or few items (by selecting the check boxes in front of them). P.S: You can preview the existing and deleted items and you can also search for a specific item by typing a keyword in the search box.
- Click Save to confirm it.
- Select a destination to save the recoverable data.
As the software has an interactive interface, the user will be familiarized and it will be easy to run the software. Added with optimized tools, recovery of lost data is not a hard to crack. All in all, Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery for iPhone is well worth a try when you’re trying to recover your lost data from iphone in a user-friendly way, priced at $49.99 USD.