How to Hard Reset Sony Xperia M2 and M2 Dual
The Sony Xperia M2 is arguably one of the best mid-range smartphone available this mid year. For me, the size of the screen and the phone were just right. It has 1.2GHz Quad-core processor supported by 1GB of RAM, good battery power, decent camera, and LTE connectivity. Today we’re discussing some of the ways to master format Sony Xperia M2 and M2 Dual.
Master format is a good way to remove all of your data, settings, etc on the phone. This is important especially when you want to sell your Xperia M2. We don’t want any personal data or your silly pictures leaking on the internet, right?
How to Master Format Sony Xperia M2
Before you hard reset the phone, ALWAYS backup all important data. You also want to fully charge your Xperia M2 before you continue the steps below. There are three options that you can choose from:
1. Go with the standard way
From the home-screen, tap on Apps >> Settings >> Backup & reset >> Factory Data reset >> Reset Phone.
From here, just choose erase everything. Your Xperia M2 will prompt you asking for your confirmation. If you are sure that you’ve backed up your data, confirm the process and wait.
2. Use Flash-tool program
Worry not. The Flash-tool is an official Sony’s program. You can download the Flash tool from Sony Website.
- Install the program to your computer.
- Power off the phone. Press and hold Volume Down button and connect the phone to your computer via USB cable
- The rest is pretty straightforward. Just follow the instruction displayed on the Flash-tool interface.
3. Use Hardware Key button
Here’s how to do it:
• Turn off the Xperia M2.
• Press and hold Power Button and Volume Up button simultaneously for a few seconds
• Your Xperia M2 will show some menu on the LCD screen.
• Follow the instruction. It’s simple.
I hope this post about how to hard reset Sony Xperia M2 help!
read other Sony xperia tips: How to Install CWM Recovery in Sony Xperia M2
How to Master Format Sony Xperia M2 and M2 Dual